Grilled Peaches in a Dark Rum Bath
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
1/4 cup dark rum
6 ripe peaches, halved and pitted
1 pint caramel ice cream
- Prepare a medium fire in a charcoal grill or preheat a gas or electric grill
- In a small saucepan set over low heat, melt the butter.
- Remove from the heat and add the brown sugar and rum. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Place the peach halves in a large bowl.
- With a rubber spatula, gently stir in the rum mixture and continue stirring until
the peaches are well coated.
- Grill the peaches directly over the medium fire; cut-side up, until grill marks
are visible, about 5 minutes.
- Turn the peaches over.
- Cook until grill marks show and the peaches are tender, about 4 or 5 minutes more.
- Brush any left over rum mixture on the peaches as they grill.
- Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition values per serving: 317 calories, 16 g fat, 36 g carbohydrates,
2 g fiber, 5 g protein, 72 mg cholesterol, 75 mg sodium