Jersey Jan's Patriotic Trifle
So easy, tasty and beautiful.
- 1 1/2 cups cold fat free milk
- 1 ( 4 ounce) box Jell-O Vanilla/Chocolate/Coconut/BananaCream Instant Pudding (fat/sugar free)
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (13 ounce) angel food cake, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pint strawberries, cleaned and sliced (2 cups)
- 1 cup blueberries, cleaned
- Pour milk into bowl and add pudding. Beat with whisk 1 minute.
- Gently stir in 3 cups of the whipped topping.
- Place half of the cake cubes in a large serving bowl; top with half of the fruit.
- Spread pudding mixture over fruit.
- Cover with remaining cake cubes and fruit.
- Garnish with whipped topping.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator.
I use banana cream pudding. You can use fat/sugar free pudding and whipped
topping to cut calories or the regular stuff. I also put an extra layer. Put it
together in a clear trifle bowl….it looks beautiful.
Posted by JerseyJan at Recipe Goldmine 7:54:30am 7/4/03