Patriotic Fruit Pops
Beat the summer heat with a frosty treat made from layers of fresh strawberries
and blueberries. Blended with 100 percent fruit juice, these red, white and blue
pops are sure to create fireworks at your next gathering!
- 2/3 cup Kiwi Strawberry or any flavor NESTLÉ JUICYJUICE All Natural 100% Juice,
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1 small banana
- 1/2 cup Vanilla DREYER'S or EDY'S SLOW CHURNEDLight Ice
- 1/4 cup fat free milk
- 8 wooden craft sticks
- 1 cup fresh blueberries,
- Place 1/3 cup Juicy Juice, strawberries and 2 teaspoons sugar in blender; cover.
Blend until smooth.
- Pour evenly into eight 4-ounce plastic ice pop molds, filling one-third full.
- Freeze for 2 hours or until solid.
- Place banana, ice cream and milk in blender; cover. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into molds over strawberry mixture.
- Freeze for 45 minutes; insert sticks into pops.
- Freeze for an additional hour or until firm.
- Place remaining 1/3 cup Juicy Juice, blueberries and remaining 2 teaspoons sugar
in blender; cover. Blend until smooth.
- Pour over banana mixture.
- Cover with foil; freeze until firm. Unmold by first running a little cold water
over the outside of the mold, then gently pulling sticks.
Yield: 8 servings
Nutritional information: Calories: 60 Calories from Fat: 5 Total Fat: 0.5
g Saturated Fat: 0 g Cholesterol: 5 mg Sodium: 10 mg Carbohydrates: 14 g Dietary
Fiber: 1 g Sugars: 10 g Protein: 1 g
R ecipe and photograph used with permission from
Nestlé and Meals.com.