Easier Than Apple Pie
This free-form apple dessert (often referred to as a rustic tart) is super easy because it starts with a refrigerated pie crust. Boost the antioxidant content even further by adding 1/4 cup dried cranberries or dried cherries to the fruit mixture.
Try adding 1/4 cup raisins, dried cranberries or dried cherries to the fruit mixture.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (from 15 ounce package)
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Cinnamon, Ground
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled apples (about 4 medium)*
- 1 teaspoon sugar
* For best results, use Gala, Granny Smith or Braeburn apples.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Prepare crust as directed on package.
- Place on foil-lined 12-inch pizza pan. If necessary, press out any folds or creases.
- Brush crust with about 1/2 of the beaten egg white.
- Mix 3/4 cup sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon in medium bowl.
- Toss with apples.
- Spoon into center of crust, spreading to within 2 inches of edges.
- Fold 2-inch edge of crust up over apples, pleating or folding crust as needed.
- Brush crust with remaining egg white; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Cool slightly before serving.
Yield: 8 servings | Prep: 15 min | Bake: 20 min
Spiced Easier Than Apple Pie: Prepare as directed. Use 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pumpkin Pie Spice or 1 teaspoon McCormick® Apple Pie Spice in place of the cinnamon.
Nutrition Information per serving: Calories: 243 Fat: 7 g Carbohydrates: 43 g Cholesterol: 3 mg Sodium: 115 mg Fiber: 1 g Protein: 2 g
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.