Firecracker Chili Cheese Pie
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 2 fresh jalapenos, chopped
- 4 ounces Colby cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Chopped green scallions
- Chopped tomatoes
- Sliced black olives
- Mix the crushed tortilla chips and melted butter in a bowl.
- Press over the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Beat the cream cheese and eggs.
- Mix in the green chiles, jalapenos and cheeses.
- Pour over the baked layer.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for exactly 30 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Place on serving platter, loosen the sides of the pan with a knife and remove.
- Spread the sour cream over the pie and garnish by mounding the chopped tomatoes
in the middle, the olives on top in the middle and scattering the chopped scallions around the perimeter of the chopped tomatoes.
- Arrange regular tortilla chips all around with points out and scatter a few red
tortilla chips around.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Source: Savor The Moment - Junior League of Boca Raton
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.