Independence Day Red, White and Blue Pie
- 1 cup crushed pretzels
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated
- 2 (3.4 ounce) packages white chocolate instant pudding
- 13/4 cup milk
- 2 cups sweetened whipped cream
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- In a medium bowl, combine pretzels, butter and sugar. Mix until thoroughly blended.
- Press mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate and up the sides.
- In a separate bowl, mix together pudding and milk.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Put aside 1 cup of filling for piping a garnish around the rim of the pie plate.
- Spread 1 cup of filling on top of pretzel crust.
- Layer sliced strawberries on top of filling.
- Cover with another layer of filling topped with strawberries and blueberries.
- Pipe leftover filling through a star tip using a pastry bag.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Posted by luvtocook at Recipe Goldmine 6/16/01 6:18:08 am.