Lemon Truffle Pie
A cream cheese and white chocolate base with a tart lemon topping.
- 1 (9-inch) pie crust, baked and cooled
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup water
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon butter
cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream
- Beat egg yolks in a small bowl.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and flour in a heavy saucepan.
- Using a wire whisk, stir in water until smooth.
- Cook this mixture over medium heat until boiling, stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Stir about 1/4 cup of cooked mixture into egg yolks and blend.
- Return egg yolk mixture to saucepan and cook 2 more minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and lemon juice.
- Transfer 1/2 cup of the cooked lemon filling to a small bowl with the white chocolate
- Set remaining lemon filling aside.
- Microwave the chip mixture on LOW for 1-2 minutes or until chips are melted,
stirring until smooth.
- Beat cream cheese and add vanilla chip-lemon filling mixture and beat well.
- Spread over cooled crust.
- Spoon lemon mixture over the cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours to set.
Yield: 8 servings