Strawberry Shortbread Pie
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 (4-serving size) package JELL-O Strawberry Flavor
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 4 ounces (1/2 of 8-ounce package) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- 1 cup chopped
- 1 NILLA Pie Crust (6 ounces)
- Stir boiling water into dry gelatin in medium bowl at least 2 minutes until completely
- Add cold water; stir.
- Beat cream cheese in large bowl with wire whisk until creamy.
- Gradually add gelatin, beating until well blended.
- Place bowl of gelatin into larger bowl of ice and water.
- Let stand 5 minutes or until thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites),
- Add whipped topping; beat with wire whisk until well blended.
- Stir in strawberries.
- Refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes or until mixture is very thick and will mound.
- Spoon into crust.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.
- Garnish with additional whipped topping and strawberry halves just before serving,
Yield: 8 servings
This variation of a classic dessert is the perfect choice for a special occasion.
Plan ahead and eat accordingly before indulging in a slice of this pie.
How To Thaw COOL WHIP: Place unopened 8-ounce tub of whipped topping in refrigerator
for 4 hours. Do not thaw in the microwave.
Reprinted with permission from