Fireworks Pasta Salad
- 1 pound radiatore, rotini or other medium pasta shape
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium chicken broth
to 3/4-pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves,cut
into 1-inch pieces
- 8 plum tomatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 small red onion, slivered lengthwise
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 cups packed cilantro leaves
- 1 cup flat-leaf
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons
toasted pine nuts or walnuts
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black
pepper, to taste
- Cilantro sprigs
- Blue corn chips
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and set aside in large serving bowl.
- Place ingredients for Cilantro Pesto in a blender or food processor; process
until finely chopped.
- Heat the 3 tablespoons chicken broth in nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken and sauté 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until browned and cooked through.
- Add chicken, tomatoes, red onion and pine nuts to pasta.
- Toss with all of the Cilantro Pesto until combined.
- Garnish with cilantro springs and blue corn chips, if desired.
Yield: 7 servings
Nutritional information per serving: 290 calories, 19 grams protein, 37 grams
carbohydrates, 8 grams fat, 2 grams saturated fat, 30 milligrams cholesterol, 100
Calories from fat: 25%
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.