- 8 all-beef hot dogs
- 8 poppy seed hot dog buns or other hot dog buns
- Chopped cucumber
- Pepperoncini, chopped
- Chopped onion
- Chopped red-ripe tomato
- Celery salt
- Dill pickle spears (optional)
- Fire up the grill, bringing the temperature to high.
- Grill the hot dogs uncovered for 3 to 5 minutes over high heat until deeply browned,
rolling to crisp all surfaces.
- Toast the buns at the same time on the edge of the grill.
- Place the dogs on the toasted buns and top each with a good squirt of mustard.
- Pile on, in approximately equal portions, generous spoonsful of cucumber, peppers,
onion and tomato.
- Sprinkle celery salt over each bulging bun.
- Serve with dill pickle if desired.
Yield: 8 servings; 1 hot dog each