Paul Bunyan Burger
- 2 1/2 pounds lean ground pork
- 2 teaspoons garlic pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 round loaf (24-ounce) French or Italian bread, cut in half horizontally
- Prepare medium-hot fire in kettle-style grill.
- In large bowl mix together pork, garlic pepper and hot pepper sauce.
- Pat mixture into a round that measures about 11 inches--or one inch larger than
- Place burger on a flat baking sheet for transferring to the grill. Carefully place giant burger over hot coals, and grill for about 10 minutes per side.
- Turn the burger over by sliding in onto a baking sheet, using a second baking
sheet to help push it on.
- Sandwich the burger between the two baking sheets, hold them together and invert
- Slide the big burger onto the grill, cooked side up.
- When done, slide the burger onto the bottom of the loaf, top with top of loaf
and cut into wedges to serve.
Yield: 8 servings
Nutrition Facts: Calories 530 calories; Protein 33 grams; Fat 23 grams; Sodium
610 milligrams; Cholesterol 95 milligrams; Saturated Fat 8 grams; Carbohydrates
Reprinted with permission from the National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com.