Fiery Grilled Asparagus
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh asparagus
- 3 tablespoons hot chili sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- Rinse asparagus and trim off bottom of stalks.
- Place on grill over high heat and cook, turning frequently, until crisp tender
and lightly charred.
- Remove from grill and place in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar and sugar.
- Pour over asparagus and toss well to coat with mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place on a platter and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled as an appetizer or side dish.
Yield: 8 servings
Nutrition Per Serving: 72 calories, 3 g protein, 4 g carbohydrate, 6 g fat,
1 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 75 mg sodium