This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Grilled Cajun Potato Wedges
- 3 large russet potatoes (about 2 1/4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme,
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- Prepare barbecue grill. Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Scrub potatoes under running water with stiff vegetable brush; rinse. Dry well,
but do not peel.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise, then cut each half lengthwise into 4 wedges.
- Place potatoes in large bowl.
- Add oil and garlic; toss to coat well.
- Combine salt, paprika, thyme, oregano, black pepper and ground red pepper. Sprinkle
over potatoes. Toss to coat well.
- Place potato wedges in single layer in shallow roasting pan. (Reserve remaining
oil mixture left in bowl..
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Take potato wedges out of oven.
- Place potato wedges on their sides on grill.
- Grill on covered grill, over medium coals for 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes
are browned and fork tender, brushing with reserved oil mixture halfway through
grilling time and turning once with tongs.