This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Herbed Mushroom Hobo Pack
- 2 pounds any type mushrooms, left whole with stems trimmed
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped sage, thyme or oregano
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heavy duty aluminum foil
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and toss gently to combine.
- Tear off four sheets heavy duty foil, each about 2 feet long, and stack them
one on top of the other.
- Arrange the vegetables in the center of the top sheet, and season with salt and
- Fold up the sheets of foil around the vegetables, one after the other, turning
the package one quarter turn between each sheet and making sure each sheet is well
sealed around the vegetables.
- Place the packs on the bottom of the grill off to one side.
- Pile coals up around packets, and cook for about 25 to 30 minutes, depending
on the intensity of the heat from the coals.
Yield: 4 servings