Almond and Rice Flour Bread with Poppy Seeds
- 1/2 cup whole almonds, with skins
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 large whole egg
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan.
- Place almonds and 1/2 cup of the flour in bowl of a food processor and grind
until a fine meal is formed - the flour will prevent the nuts from turning oily.
Add remaining rice flour, the baking powder, salt and 2 teaspoons of the poppy seeds;
- Combine yogurt, water, whole egg, egg white and oil in a 2-cup measuring cup.
- With processor motor running, pour liquid ingredients through feed tube over
flour mixture, processing just long enough to mix.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining poppy seeds, and bake
for 55 minutes. Turn out onto a rack to cool. (Bread slices best after several hours,
or the next day).
Makes one 18-ounce loaf (18 slices).
Per slice: 90 calories, 3 g protein, 11 g carbohydrate, 4 g fat (1 g saturated),
12 mg cholesterol, 115 mg sodium, 1 g fiber
Source: San Francisco Chronicle, May 5, 1993
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Gluten-Free and Wheat-Free Recipes