This is a wheat-free recipe but does contain gluten.
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar, divided
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 cups barley flour
- 1 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup garbanzo bean flour
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Lightly oil a cookie sheet with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Place yeast in a small bowl with 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar and 1/2 cup warm water.
Put in a warm place to proof.
- Put remaining 1/2 cup warm water into a large mixing bowl, add 1 cup of barley
flour and mix vigorously. Add remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar, oil and salt;
mix well. Add softened yeast mixture and beat briskly, then add bean flour and enough
remaining barley flour to make dough that can be kneaded.
- Place on a barley-floured work surface and knead until smooth and elastic. Shape
into two round loaves and place on prepared cookie sheet; slash top of loaves diagonally
across tops. Let rise until doubled in bulk. Oil tops lightly, if desired, for more
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F and bake for 1 hour using middle rack of oven. Remove
from cookie sheet onto wire rack and cool.
Makes 2 rounds (20 slices).
Nutritional Information: Serving Size: 1 Slice (27g); Calories 60, Calories
from Fat 10, Total Fat 1.5g, Saturated Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 20mg, Total
Carbohydrates 10g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 2g, Protein 2g
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Gluten-Free and Wheat-Free Recipes