- 1 cup garfava flour*
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring (not extract)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk or soy milk
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Heat a pancake griddle or skillet to 375 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, salt,
cinnamon and xanthan gum.
- In a separate bowl combine the eggs, vanilla flavoring, oil and milk. Add to
dry ingredients and mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. Carefully fold
- On hot griddle, pour batter, making pancakes any size and let cook until bubbles
appear across the surface of each pancake. Check to see if they are browned, then
flip over and continue cooking one or two minutes longer until pancakes are firm
to the touch.
Serves three (three pancakes each).
* Garfava flour is made from garbanzo beans and fava beans.
Nutrition values per serving: 336 calories, 17 g fat, 33 g carbohydrates,
5 g fiber, 14 g protein, 153 mg cholesterol, 903 mg sodium