Chex Cookie Pizza
Gluten-free Rice Chex® makes the crunchy cookie crust in a fun-to-eat dessert
that kids can decorate.
- 4 cups Rice Chex® cereal (gluten free)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped honey-roasted peanuts, if desired
- 1 or 2 rolls Betty Crocker® Fruit Roll-Ups® chewy fruit snack (any red variety), unwrapped, torn into pieces
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Place cereal in resealable food-storage plastic bag;
seal bag and crush with rolling pin or meat mallet.
- In large bowl, mix sugars, peanut butter, butter, vanilla extract and egg. Stir
in crushed cereal. Spread in ungreased 12-inch pizza pan.
- Bake 12 minutes. Sprinkle evenly with marshmallows to within 1 inch of edge.
- Bake 5 minutes longer or until marshmallows are light golden brown.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips, peanuts and fruit snack pieces over marshmallows to
look like pizza toppings. Cool completely on cooling rack.
- Cut into 16 wedges. Store tightly covered.
Prep Time: 10 min | Total Time: 40 min | Makes: 16 servings
Spread this mixture easily—just spray the back of a large spoon with cooking
spray, then press the mixture into the pan with the back of the spoon.
Go ahead and substitute some of your kids' favorite treats—use mini candy-coated
chocolate baking bits instead of the mini chocolate chips for extra color.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 60); Total
Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 20mg; Sodium 115mg; Total Carbohydrate
22g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 15g); Protein 2g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 10%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate
Choices: 1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
This is a gluten-free recipe.
Recipe and photo credit: Betty Crocker