Crustless Lemon Cheesecake
A dreamy, gluten-free cheesecake topped with refreshing lemon curd that's naturally
flavored with lemon zest and fresh-squeezed lemon juice. It’s pure cheesecake in
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (2 or 3 lemons)
cup (1/2 stick) Challenge Butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh
- 4 (8 ounce) packages Challenge Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 4 large eggs
- 1 - 1 1/4 cups lemon
- Lemon Curd: Grate zest from lemons. Reserve 1 tablespoon for preparation of lemon
curd; set aside 1 tablespoon for cheesecake batter. Juice lemons, collecting 1/2
cup of juice.
- Beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until well blended.
- Blend in eggs.
- Gradually add lemon to mixture while continuing to blend on low speed. Resulting
mixture will appear curdled.
- Transfer mixture a heavy 2 quart sauce pan and place over medium heat. Stir in
lemon zest. Cook whisking constantly until mixture thickens (5 to 7 minutes).
- Transfer to a bowl and place plastic wrap or a piece of parchment paper directly
on the surface of the warm curd. Chill until firm and fully cooled (at least 4 hours).
- Cheesecake: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line 9-inch spring form pan with parchment
and lightly butter the sides of the pan.
- Beat cream cheese at low speed on electric mixer until smooth.
- Gradually add sugar and 1 Tablespoon lemon zest until blended.
- Add eggs one at a time blending until yellow is incorporated after each addition.
Keep mixer speed low to avoid whipping in too much air.
- Pour 2/3 of batter into prepared pan. Add about 1/2 cup of lemon curd, evenly
by spoonsful to the top of the batter leaving about a 1/2-inch space from sides
of the pan. Gently swirl curd with knife.
- Add remaining batter and gently smooth top with spatula.
- Bake for about 60 minutes or until center is almost set. Turn oven off and allow
cheesecake to set in the oven for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and run a knife around the edge of the cake to loosen
it from the pan. Do not remove the sides of the pan. Let the cake cool completely
on a rack (about 1½ hours).
- Cover pan and chill for at least 12 hours.
- Remove the sides of the pan. Transfer cheesecake platter and spoon an additional
1/2 to 3/4 cup of lemon curd over the top.
- When slicing cheesecake, rinse off knife between slices for smoother cuts.
Servings: 12 | 1 1/2 cups Lemon Curd
Remaining lemon curd may be served as an accompaniment or reserved for another
This recipe is gluten-free.
Source: Challenge Home Economist
Recipe and photograph used with permission from
Challenge Dairy - challengedairy.com.