Dry Flour Mix
Using this mixture, I am able to use all my pre-gluten-free days recipes for bars, cookies, muffins, etc.
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 2 cups white rice flour
- 1 1/2 cups sweet rice flour
- 1 1/3 cups tapioca starch or flour
- 2/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup rice bran or rice polish
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- Sift together 3 or 4 times and store in canister.
- Use 1 cup of this mixture when recipe calls for 1 cup wheat flour. Works very
well in cookies, bars, cakes - even rolled out sugar cookies.
I'd like to recommend this mixture. Made it into my usual banana
cake recipe for a wedding cake recently and it disappeared off the serving dish
in a flash.
Thanks, Jan of Dakota
Submitted to Recipe Goldmine by Jan in North Dakota.