Easy Gluten Free Carrot Cake
Turn Betty Crocker's Gluten Free yellow cake mix into a delicious homemade Easy Gluten Free Carrot Cake.
Prep: 15 min | Total: 1 hr 55 min | Yield: 12 servings
- 1 (15 ounce) box Betty Crocker Gluten Free yellow cake mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup finely shredded carrots (2 medium)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 4 ounces (half of 8 ounce package) gluten-free cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten-free powdered sugar
- 1 to 3 teaspoons milk
- 1/4 cup coconut, if desired
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottom only of an 8 or 9 inch square pan with shortening, or spray with cooking spray.
- In alarge bowl, beat cake mix, water, 1/2 cup butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, 2 teaspoons vanilla and eggs on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. With spoon, stir in carrots and pecans. Spread in pan.
- Bake for 36 to 41 minutes for a 8 inch pan or 33 to 38 minutes for a 9 inch pan or until a wooden pick comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Ina large bowl, beat cream cheese, 2 tablespoons butter, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1 teaspoon milk with electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Gradually beat in powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, until smooth and spreadable. If frosting is too thick, beat in more milk, a few drops at a time. Stir in coconut. Spread frosting over cake.
Per serving:: Calories 380 Calories from Fat 150 Total Fat 17g 26% Saturated Fat 9g 43% Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 80mg 27% Sodium 230mg 10% Potassium 75mg 2% Total Carbohydrate 52g 17% Dietary Fiber 0g 0% Sugars 36g Protein 3g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 40% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 6% Iron 0%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 3 1/2 Fat
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: