Make colorful sushi that's sweet, fun for kids, and anything but fishy.
- 1 1/4 cups Rice Chex® cereal (gluten free)
- 1 cup white vanilla baking chips
- 4 rolls Betty Crocker® Fruit Roll-Ups® chewy fruit snack (any favorite flavor; from
5-ounce box), unwrapped
- 12 candy worms
- Place cereal in resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag and crush with
fingers to make 3/4 cup.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave baking chips as directed on package until
melted and stirred smooth. Add crushed cereal; stir until well coated.
- Unroll fruit snack rolls. For each sushi roll, spread 1/4 of cereal mixture on
snack roll to within 1/2 inch of one short side. Arrange 3 candy worms, side by
side, on cereal-covered short side.
- Starting with short side topped with candy worms, roll up each snack roll tightly,
pressing unfilled short side of roll to seal. Let sushi rolls stand 5 to 10 minutes
or until firm. Cut each roll into 4 slices.
- Store loosely covered.
Makes: 16 candies
Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient
is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
Arrange sushi pieces on a disposable plate and overwrap with plastic wrap, stretching
tightly across the top to look like sushi from the grocery store.
Nutrition Information:1 Candy: Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 35); Total
Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 65mg; Total Carbohydrate
19g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 14g); Protein 1g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 2%; Iron 4%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from
Betty Crocker and © 2009 ®/TM General