Gluten-Free Cinnamon Coffee Bars
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup hot coffee
- 1 1/2 cups rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Enough water to make easily spreadable
- Cream shortening and sugar. Add and cream in egg. Blend in hot coffee.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, xanthan gum and cinnamon. Add to shortening
- Add in raisins and nuts. Spread in a greased 7 x 11-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- Spread glaze over warm bars.
- Glaze: Mix confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract with enough water for