Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Pear Bread
Says recipe creator Carol Kicinski, "Talk about delicious—delicate pear flavor,
just sweet enough, moist with a golden brown crust and that gorgeous split down
the middle. Pears add such an elegant sweetness and delightful moistness—this bread
certainly deserves to be at the top of my list for favorite gluten-free quick breads!"
- 1 1/2 cups superfine brown rice flour, plus more for dusting the pan
- 1/2 cup tapioca (or corn or potato) starch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup grapeseed (or other neutral flavored) oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 ripe USA Pears, peeled, cored, and grated
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with gluten-free
non-stick cooking spray. Add some brown rice flour and shift it back and forth
in order to spread the flour evenly around the pan and tap out the excess flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the 1 1/2 cups brown rice flour,
tapioca starch, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla
extract. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir to combine. Add the pears
and walnuts and pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 60–70 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in
the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to finish
Makes 1 gluten-free loaf.
Recipe credit: Pear Bureau Northwest
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Gluten-Free and Wheat-Free Recipes