Gluten Free Eggplant Lasagna
- 2 large eggplants
- 1/2 small container ricotta
- 1 egg
- 1 regular size jar your favorite marinara sauce
- 1 pound shredded mozzarella for top
- Extra cup of mozzarella for layers
- 8 tablespoons Romano or asiago cheese, shredded
- Spray or oil a 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Blend the ricotta with egg and set aside. Don't peel the eggplant, just slice
LENGTHWISE into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Spoon marinara sauce lightly over bottom of the pan until just barely covered.
Layer eggplant in one layer, spoon ricotta mixture over top and spread around with
a little more marinara. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of romano over the layer and a very
LIGHT sprinkling of moazarella.
- Repeat this process for each layer. You should have 3-4 layers.
- Cover tightly with foil, and bake at 300 degrees F for 1 1/2 hour hours.
- Remove from oven, remove foil, generously sprinkle 1 pound grated mozzarella over
the entire top. Do not cover. It will melt from the heat of the eggplant.