Gluten-Free Peanut Butter, Banana and Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 3 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 3/4 cups white rice flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup butter or shortening (melted)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk*
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips*
* If dairy products are a problem, substitute 1/2 cup rice milk mixed with one
teaspoon lemon juice for buttermilk, and use dairy-free chocolate chips.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix first four ingredients in a food processor. Blend for one minute. Combine
dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- When thoroughly mixed, add to food processor, along with the butter and milk.
Blend well. Add the chocolate chips, and press "pulse" once or twice.
- Ladle the batter into muffin tins lined with papers, filling each paper to the
top. Bake for about 12 minutes, or until muffins are firm to the touch.
- Cool and serve.
- Top with frosting or chocolate drizzles, if desired.