Gluten Free Pina Colada Cheesecake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/4 cup sweetened, flaked coconut crust
- 2 cups gluten free granola
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch (easily found at Asian markets)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons toasted coconut (optional)
- 1 pound cream cheese, softened
- 7 tablespoons frozen Bacardi pina colada mix, defrosted
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/8 teaspoon coconut extract (optional)
- 8 ounces Cool Whip® whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 pineapple slices, drained cherries (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Crust: Spread all of the coconut in a single layer on a baking
sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes. Stir after 5 minutes. Continue baking until most
of the coconut is a nice toasty color. Remove from the oven and cool.
- Place granola in a food processor blender and chop until fine.
Add in tapioca starch and brown sugar. Mix well. Pour mixture into a 9-inch springform
pan. Melt the butter and pour over crust mixture. Mix well. Pat crust down tightly
into pan. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of toasted coconut, if desired. Bake for about
10 minutes or until crust is browned. Cool.
- Filling: Beat the cream cheese until creamy. Gradually add pina colada
mix to cream cheese, mixing at medium speed on electric mixer until blended. Beat
in rum and coconut extract. Take a scoop of Cool Whip and beat into cream cheese
mixture to lighten it. Fold in remaining Cool Whip.
- To assemble the cheesecake, put crushed pineapple in several layers of clean
cheesecloth. Twist and squeeze to remove as much liquid as possible. For the pineapple
slices, drain and carefully blot with paper towels to remove as much liquid as possible.
- Spread about 1 cup of cream cheese filling onto cooled crust, being careful not
to pull up the crust while spreading. Sprinkle with the pineapple. Spread on the
remainder of the cream cheese filling. Top with pineapple slices, cherries and toasted
- Chill until ready to serve.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Gluten-Free and Wheat-Free Recipes