Gluten-Free Raspberry Almond Bars
We were elated when we found out how easily our Gluten-Free Cookie Mix could
be transformed into these delicious bars.
- 3/4 cup soft butter
- 3/4 cup almond paste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or almond extract or 2 drops bitter almond oil
- 1 bag King Arthur Gluten-Free Cookie Mix
- 1 large egg
- 1 (8-ounce) jar jam (raspberry is especially delicious; apricot and cherry are great, too)
- 1 cup sliced blanched almonds
- 2 to 3 tablespoons coarse white sparkling sugar, optional
- Heat your oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9" x 13" pan.
- Beat the butter and almond paste until smooth. Add the extract and blend
in the cookie mix; the dough will be crumbly. Remove 1 1/2 cups of crumbs to
reserve for streusel topping.
- Add the egg to the remaining mix and blend until smooth. Spread the dough
in an even layer in the bottom of your prepared pan.
- Warm the jam and spread it over the dough. Lightly mix the almonds with
the reserved crumbs, and sprinkle evenly over the jam. Top with sparkling sugar,
- Bake the bars for 26 to 28 minutes, until they're golden brown and the jam
- Remove from the oven, cool for 30 minutes, then cut into squares while still
- Cool completely before serving.
Yield: 24 bars
Recipe and photo credit:
King Arthur Flour.