Gluten Free Vegan Magic Bars
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup dark agave - use divided
- 3 tablespoons melted non-dairy butter substitute (such as Earth Balance)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- 1 cup coconut milk – shake can well before measuring
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- 2 cups dairy free chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, drained, patted dry and quartered
- 1 cup sliced or slivered almonds
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 12-inch baking dish with gluten-free
non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the almond flour with the sugar, 1/4 cup dark agave, melted
non-dairy butter substitute and salt until well combined. Moisten hands with water
and pat the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, remaining agave and
cornstarch or arrowroot powder. Pour over the almond crust. Sprinkle the chocolate
chips, cherries, almonds and coconut evenly over the top. Gently press down.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes or until the almonds and coconut flakes are browned
- Let cool. It is easier to cut into squares if you refrigerate for about
an hour to let everything set.
- Cut into squares.
Makes 12 (3 inch) squares.
Recipe developed by Carol Kicinski.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Cherry Growers Foundation
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Gluten-Free and Wheat-Free Recipes