- 1 pound ground turkey or ground buffalo
- 15 rice lasagna noodles
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 large shallot
- 2 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- 2 small zucchini
- 2 cups spinach
- 15 ounces reduced fat tofu, firm (or cottage cheese)
- 1/2 cup
low-fat ricotta cheese
- 4 cups organic marinara sauce
- 125 grams fresh buffalo
mozzarella cheese, sliced into small rounds
- 3/4 cup low-fat mozzarella cheese,
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to directions, rinse with cold water and drain and lay flat
on foil to cool. Heat oven to 375 F. In a small bowl combine ricotta cheese and
tofu (you can also substitute cottage cheese for either of these ingredients).
- In large nonstick skillet, sauté shallot in olive oil for about 5 minutes. Add
ground turkey or ground buffalo and cook until ground turkey or ground buffalo is
nearly cooked through.
- Add 3 cups marinara sauce meat mixture and add broccoli, zucchini and spinach
and cook for about 5 more minutes. Spread half-cup of plain marinara sauce in bottom
of 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan. Arrange 4 noodles lengthwise over sauce and one across the
bottom, overlapping edges. Spread one-half ricotta-tofu mixture over pasta, followed
by 1 1/2 cups pasta sauce. Repeat layers twice, ending with a third layer of pasta.
Spoon remaining marinara sauce (and any remaining vegetables) over pasta. Sprinkle
lightly mozzarella cheese, fresh buffalo mozzarella and fresh basil. Cover lightly
- Bake for 30 minutes, remove foil and bake 10 more minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Per Serving: 410 Calories; 13g Fat (29.8% calories from fat); 24g Protein;
45g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 52mg Cholesterol; 648mg Sodium
Source: James Rouse, Nutritionist