Lime-Vanilla Freeze (Gluten Free)
This is a great make-ahead dessert that can be made with your favorite flavor
- 1 box Betty Crocker® Gluten Free yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 quart (4 cups) vanilla ice cream, softened slightly
- 1 quart (4 cups) lime sherbet, softened slightly
- 1 cup frozen (thawed) whipped
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 13 x 9-inch pan with foil, leaving 1 inch
of foil overhanging at 2 opposite sides of pan.
- In medium bowl, stir together cake mix and 1/2 cup pecans. With pastry blender
or fork, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Lightly press in bottom of
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until set and just beginning to brown. Cool
completely, about 30 minutes.
- In large bowl, fold sherbet into ice cream just until partially blended
for marbled design. Spoon and spread over cooled crust. Cover; freeze until
firm, at least 4 hours.
- Using foil handles, remove dessert from pan to cutting board 10 minutes
before serving; peel back foil. Cut into 5 rows by 3 rows.
- Top each serving with whipped topping and sprinkle with pecans.
Prep time 45 Min | Total time 3 Hr 50 Min | Servings: 15
Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products
and ingredient sources can change.
Substitute your favorite flavor sherbet, such as raspberry, lemon or orange.
Garnish with fresh berries.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Serving) Calories 370 (Calories from
Fat 170), Total Fat 19g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 1/2g), Cholesterol 40mg; Sodium
270mg; Total Carbohydrate 47g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 27g), Protein 3g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10.00%; Vitamin C 0.00%; Calcium 8.00%; Iron
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 3 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 3
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit:
Betty Crocker/General Mills.