Rice Flour Gingerbread (wheat free)
This is a wheat-free recipe. It is NOT a gluten-free recipe.
- 2 cups rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup quick oatmeal
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 cup sour milk or butter milk
- 1/3 cup fat, melted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift flour, soda, spices and salt together. Add the oatmeal and mix thoroughly.
Continuing to stir, add in the molasses, milk and fat.
- Pour the well blended mixture
into a greased pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
To make this recipe Gluten Free, replace the oatmeal with poha (rice flakes or
other GF flakes for making porridge). You can find poha at