Rice Flour Gingerbread (wheat free)
This is a wheat-free recipe. It is NOT a gluten-free recipe.
- 2 cups rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup quick oatmeal
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 cup sour milk or butter milk
- 1/3 cup fat, melted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift flour, soda, spices and salt together. Add the oatmeal and mix thoroughly.
Continuing to stir, add in the molasses, milk and fat.
- Pour the well blended mixture
into a greased pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
To make this recipe Gluten Free, replace the oatmeal with poha (rice flakes or
other GF flakes for making porridge). You can find poha at
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Gluten-Free and Wheat-Free Recipes