Tropical Banana Delight
A gluten free dessert which will appeal to all taste buds. You will feel the
sun on your fun as you devour the warm, sweet flavors of the tropics.
- 4 bananas, peeled, cut in half and sliced lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons canola
oil 30 mL
- 1/4 cup brown sugar 60 mL
- 1 to 2 tablespoons orange juice or favorite
liquor 15 to 30 mL
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom 1 to 2 mL
- 1/4 cup toasted
coconut 60 mL
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts, toasted, coarsely chopped 60 mL
- Prepare bananas. Heat canola oil in saucepan over medium-high heat. Add
brown sugar, orange juice and cardamom. Heat ingredients, stirring gently.
- Add bananas and continue to stir gently, spooning brown sugar mixture over
bananas as they cook. Do not over-cook bananas as they will turn mushy.
- Transfer bananas to individual serving dishes and spoon sauce over top of
each serving. Sprinkle with toasted coconut and macadamia nuts.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutritional analysis: Per Serving Calories 200 Total Fat 9 g Saturated Fat
2 g Cholesterol 0 mg Carbohydrates 30 g Fiber 3 g Protein 2 g Sodium 10 mg
Source: CanolaInfo Test Kitchen
Reprinted with permission from