Ultra Peanut Butter Cookies (GF)
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown
sugar, well packed
- 3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 cup (7 ounces) peanut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ounces gluten-free semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F with rack in the center of the oven.
- Cream together the butter and brown sugar in a mixing bowl with the paddle
attachment about two minutes on medium speed. Scrape the sides of the bowl often.
Add the peanut butter and mix well. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing until
well incorporated. Add the vanilla.
- In a bowl, whisk together the peanut flour, which may be lumpy, baking soda
and salt. Add to the peanut butter mixture and mix until it is a smooth dough.
Add the chocolate here, if using.
- Use a two- to three-tablespoon scoop to form the balls of dough. Or use
a spoon and then roll them into balls. Use a fork to flatten them and create
a crosshatch pattern. Sprinkle with sugar and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. They
will puff up slightly and the tops will be golden, but they should still be
slightly soft in the middle. Of course, if you like your peanut butter cookies
crunchy throughout, then bake another couple of minutes.
Start to finish: 45 minutes | Serves 24 | Serving size: 1 cookie
Nutrition information per serving: Note: Nutrient analysis does not include
the optional chopped chocolate. Calories: 130 Calories from Fat: 80
Fat: 9g Trans
Fats: 0g Cholesterol: 25 mg Carbohydrate: 11g Protein: 4g Fiber: 1g Sodium: 180
Recipe from Chef Zoë François
Reprinted with permission from
the National Peanut Board.