Wheat-Free Apple Blackberry Crisp
This is a wheat-free recipe. It is NOT a gluten-free recipe.
- 1 quart fresh blackberries
- 1 quart fresh apple slices
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Minute Tapioca
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups unbleached spelt flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 pound butter, melted or use equivalent amount of soy margarine for vegan crisp
- Crisp: Mix all ingredients and place evenly in a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Crisp Topping: Mix dry ingredients then add melted butter. Cover fruit in baking
pan. Mix evenly with topping and bake in a 350 degree F oven until topping is brown,
approximately 45 minutes.