Balsamic Marinated Flank Steak
- 1 beef flank steak (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- Salt amd pepper
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef steak and
marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely
and marinate in refrigerator for 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over
medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 16 minutes (over medium
heat on preheated gas grill, 16 to 21 minutes) for medium rare (145 degrees
F) to medium (160 degrees F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Season steak with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Carve steak crosswise into thin slices.
Recipe and photo credit: Cattlemen's Beef Board and National Cattlemen's Beef