Barbecued Chili Beef
- 1 1/2 pounds beef top round
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine cumin, chili powder and cinnamon in a small saucepan. Cook over
high heat for about 40 seconds.
- Carefully add olive oil, lime juice, balsamic vinegar, molasses, oregano
and garlic. Mix well.
- Place meat in a shallow baking dish and pour mixture over it. Make sure
it is well coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and preheat grill. Place meat over medium heat
and grill for 7 to 15 minutes, depending on desired doneness. Baste with remaining
marinade about half way through grilling. When done (160 degrees F at the center)
remove from grill.
- Slice across grain, into thin strips and serve.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 6/4/01 9:32:36 pm.