- 1 (1 1/4 pound) flank steak
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- Place steak in a large shallow dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients, stirring well. Pour over steak; cover and
marinate in refrigerator 4 hours, turning steak occasionally.
- Drain steak, reserving marinade.
- Grill steak over hot coals 7 to 10 minutes on each side or to desired degree
of doneness, basting often with marinade.
- To serve, slice steak across grain into thin slices.
Yield: 4 servings