Charcoal Broiled Steak
- 1 (1-inch thick) steak
- Meat tenderizer
- 1/2 pound butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup sherry wine
- 2 (3 ounce) cans button mushrooms, with juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Accent (if desired)
- Steak: Season steak liberally with a mixture of meat tenderizer, Accent
- Let steak steep in this seasoning for at least 1 hour, and preferably several
- Make sauce. Melt butter, then add remaining ingredients. Bring sauce to
simmer, then cook 30 minutes.
- Grill steak over hot charcoal. Baste with the sauce, turning steak only
once. Do not use a utensil that will pierce the steak.
- Serve the steak with the remaining sauce.