Cilantro Pesto Beef Kabobs
- 1 (2-pound) boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1-inch thick
- 2 red or yellow bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup steak sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) package hickory marinade mix
- 1/2 cup lightly packed cilantro leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cut beef steak into 1 1/4-inch pieces. Place marinade ingredients in blender container. Cover; process until smooth. Place beef and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; toss to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 10 minutes.
- Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade. Alternately thread beef and pepper pieces onto eight 12-inch metal skewers.
- Place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 10 to 12 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
Makes 8 servings.
Source: Lubbock Avalanche-Journal - May 24, 2000