Filet Mignon with Rum Butter
- 2/3 cup Puerto Rican dark rum
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- Combine half of rum, shallots, lime juice and pepper in shallow dish. Add
- Marinate for 30 to 60 minutes, turning once. Sprinkle with salt.
- Heat remaining rum, shallots, lime juice and pepper in small pan on preheated
- Stir in butter a small piece at a time.
- Stir in parsley.
- Brush steaks with half of rum butter and grill 8 to 10 minutes.
- Turn and brush with remaining rum butter.
- Grill another 8 minutes or until desired doneness.