Garden Grill Tri-Tip
Tri-Tip roast takes a dip in a flavorful marinade and then get grilled alongside a vegetable medley (ratatouille if you're fancy).
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 beef Tri-Tip Roast (about 1 1/2 to 2 pounds)
- 1 small eggplant, cut crosswise into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 2 small red and/or yellow bell peppers, cut lengthwise into quarters
- 2 medium yellow squash and/or zucchini, cut lengthwise in half
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup lightly packed chopped fresh basil
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Marinade: Combine ingredients in small bowl.
- Tri-Tip: Place beef roast and 1/3 cup marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn roast
to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes to 2 hours,
turning occasionally. Cover and reserve remaining marinade in refrigerator.
- Remove 1/4 cup of reserved marinade for ratatouille; set aside. Toss vegetables
(except tomatoes) with remaining marinade.
- Remove roast from marinade; discard marinade. Place roast in center of grid
over medium, ash-covered coals or over medium heat on preheated gas grill; arrange
vegetables (except tomatoes) around roast. Grill roast, covered, 25 to 35 minutes
for medium rare (145 degrees F) to medium (160 degrees F) doneness, turning
occasionally. Grill eggplant and bell peppers 7 to 11 minutes; zucchini and
yellow squash 8 to 12 minutes (on gas grill, eggplant 6 to 8 minutes; bell peppers,
zucchini and yellow squash 7 to 11 minutes) or until tender, turning occasionally.
- Remove roast when instant-read thermometer registers
135 degrees F for medium rare; 150 degrees F for medium. Transfer roast to carving board;
tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 10 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise
about 10 degrees F to reach 145 degrees F for medium rare; 160 degrees F for
medium.) Meanwhile, make the Ratatouille.
- Ratatouille: Cut grilled vegetables into
1-inch pieces. Combine vegetables, tomatoes, basil and reserved 1/4 cup marinade in large
bowl; toss to coat. Carve roast diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Season roast and ratatouille
with salt and black pepper, as desired.
- Serve roast with ratatouille.
Total Recipe Time: 1 to 1 1/4 hr | Makes 6 to 8 servings
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Cattlemen's Beef Board - Beef It's What's For Dinner.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Grilled Beef Recipes