Gourmet Barbecue Brisket
- 1 (4- to 5-pound) beef brisket
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Brisket: Roast brisket at 325 degrees F in covered pan for 3 to 4 hours
- Let cool and refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, prepare Barbecue Sauce.
- Cut off excess fat; carve meat into thin slices. Layer meat and Barbecue
Sauce in a large oven-to-table casserole. Cover with foil.
- Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees F or until heated through.
- Barbecue Sauce: Mix all ingredients in saucepan. Bring to boil. Lower heat
and simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Grilled Beef Recipes