Grilled Beef Steak and Colorful Peppers
- 2 beef Porterhouse or T-Bone steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 1 pound each)
- 2 small red, yellow or green bell peppers, cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup packed fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Place pesto ingredients in small bowl of food processor or blender container. Cover; process until parsley is finely chopped, stopping and scraping side of bowl as needed.
- Spread pesto generously on both sides of beef steaks and bell peppers.
- Place steaks and peppers on grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
- Grill, covered, 11 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 15 to 19 minutes) for medium rare (145 degrees F) to medium (160 degrees F) doneness and until peppers are tender, turning occasionally.
- Remove bones; carve steaks into slices. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Serve beef with peppers.
Total recipe time: 30 minutes
Makes 4 servings
Reprinted with permission from
Cattlemen's Beef Board and National Cattlemen's Beef Association.