Grilled Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
Share your great taste!
- 1 (1 1/2 - 2 pound) Certified Angus Beef ® flank steak
- 1/2 cup (1-ounce) chopped flat leaf Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup (1-ounce) chopped cilantro
- 1/2 onion (4-ounces), finely diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic (3/4-ounce), minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar or honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- In a food processor or blender combine parsley, cilantro, onion, garlic,
oregano, red pepper and salt by pulsing to a finely chopped consistency.
- Add vinegar and agave nectar. With processor running, add oil in a slow
stream until well combined. Set aside half of sauce in an air-tight container
and refrigerate. Put steak in a casserole pan, coat evenly with remaining chimichurri,
cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator at least four hours,
or overnight for deeper flavor and tenderness.
- Heat grill.
- Remove steak from chimichurri marinade and wipe clean, discarding marinade.
Grill steaks to desired doneness over medium high heat.
- Allow to rest 5 minutes and serve, topping with reserved chimichurri sauce.
Serves 4; approximately 2 cups chimichurri sauce
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Certified Angus Beef LLC.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Grilled Beef Recipes