Grilled Garlic Stuffed Steaks
- 2 boneless beef top loin steaks, cut 2 inches thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In small nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat until hot. Add
garlic. Cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until tender, but not browned. Add onions.
Continue cooking and stirring 4 to 5 minutes or until onions are tender. Season
with salt and pepper; cool completely.
- Meanwhile, cut a pocket in each beef steak with a sharp knife. Start 1/2
inch from one long side of steak and cut horizontally through center of steak
to within 1/2 inch of each side. Spread half of garlic mixture inside each steak
pocket. Secure openings with wooden picks.
- Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 22
to 24 minutes for medium-rare to medium doneness; turn occasionally.
- Remove wooden picks. Carve one crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition information per serving: 200 cal., 8 g fat (3 g saturated), 56
mg chol., 126 mg sodium, 2 g carbo., 0.2 g fiber, 25 g pro