Grilled "Philly" New York Strip Steaks
Bring the fabulous flavors of a famous sandwich to a hearty entree that's ready to enjoy in less than half an hour.
- 4 boneless beef New York strip steaks or top loin strip steaks, 3/4 to 1 inch thick (about 2 pounds)
- 4 teaspoons Montreal steak grill seasoning
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 2 teaspoons olive or vegetable oil
- 4 slices (3/4 ounce each) Muenster cheese
- Heat gas or charcoal grill.
- Sprinkle beef steaks with 3 teaspoons of the grill seasoning.
- In large bowl, mix bell peppers and onion with oil and remaining 1 teaspoon
grill seasoning. Spoon vegetables into grill basket (grill "wok").
- Place steaks and grill basket on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook
8 to 10 minutes, turning steaks once and stirring vegetables 2 or 3 times, until
beef is desired doneness and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Place cheese on steaks. Cover grill; cook about 1 minute longer or until
cheese is melted.
- Place each steak on serving plate.
- Spoon vegetables over steaks.
Prep time: 25 Min | Total time: 25 Min | Servings: 4
Use your favorite meltable cheese on these yummy cheese steaks. Try Swiss, provolone
or even blue cheese for a tangy flavor.
Strip steaks weigh on average about 1/2 pound. For light eaters, you can plan
on dividing one steak between two people.
Nutrition Facts: 1 Serving Calories 470 ( Calories from Fat 160), Total Fat
18g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 1/2g ), Cholesterol 180mg Sodium 900mg Total Carbohydrate
7g (Dietary Fiber 2g Sugars 4g ), Protein 70g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A25%; Vitamin C50%; Calcium15%; Iron35%
Exchanges:0 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 1 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 0
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Grilled Beef Recipes