Grilled Prime Rib with California Jumbo Asparagus
- 2 3/4 thick slices of prime rib
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1-2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme, sage
- 1 small tomato, sliced in half
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Mix Vinaigrette and store in a cool place.
- Steam jumbo asparagus, let cool and place on a plate.
- Season prime rib and grill to appropriate doneness.
- Place California Asparagus on a plate with prime rib; dribble Vinaigrette
over the asparagus and garnish with lemon peel and herb sprigs.
Recipe and photo credit: California Asparagus Commission.