Grilled Steaks with Toasted Garlic Butter
- 4 (7- to 8-ounce) boneless beef top loin (strip) steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- Vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 recipe Toasted Garlic Butter (see recipe below)
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Trim fat from steaks. Lightly brush steaks on all sides with oil. Sprinkle
salt and pepper evenly over steaks; rub in with your fingers.
- Place steaks on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals.
Grill until desired doneness, turning once halfway through grilling. (Allow
11 to 15 minutes for medium-rare doneness (145 degrees F) or 14 to 18 minutes
for medium doneness (160 degrees F.
- To serve, drizzle steaks with Toasted Garlic Butter; sprinkle with snipped
- Toasted Garlic Butter: In a small saucepan cook 4 large unpeeled cloves
of garlic over medium-high heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until skins begin to brown,
turning occasionally. Remove from heat; cool.
- When cloves are cool enough to handle, peel skin from cloves; discard skins.
Return garlic to saucepan; add 1/2 cup butter. Cook over low heat until butter
melts, mashing garlic with a fork. If desired, stir in 1/4 teaspoon anchovy
paste or 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce.
- Serve warm.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional facts per serving: calories: 634, total fat: 43g, saturated fat:
22g, cholesterol: 216mg, sodium: 966mg, carbohydrate: 1g, fiber: 0g, protein: 57g,
vitamin C: 6, calcium: 3, iron: 19%
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Grilled Beef Recipes