Grilled Sweet-and-Sour Meatball Kabobs
A quick brush of a spirited prepared sauce on veggies and frozen meatballs and you've got a terrific kabob to cook fast on the grill.
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 12 pieces
- 8 thin wedges red onion
- 12 small fresh whole mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 16 frozen cooked meatballs, thawed
- 3/4 cup purchased sweet-and-sour sauce
- Heat grill. In large bowl, combine bell pepper, onion and mushrooms. Sprinkle
with seasoned salt; toss to coat.
- Alternately thread meatballs, bell pepper, onion and mushrooms onto four
12 to 14-inch metal skewers.
- When ready to grill, place kabobs on gas grill over medium heat on charcoal
grill 4 to 6 inches from medium coals. Cook 10 to 15 minutes or until meatballs
are thoroughly heated and vegetables are crisp-tender, brushing generously with
half of the sweet-and-sour sauce and turning frequently.
- Serve kabobs with remaining half of sauce for dipping.
Prep Time 25 min | Servings 4
To broil kabobs, place on broiler pan; broil 4 to 6 inches from heat using times
above as a guide, brushing generously with half of the sweet-and-sour sauce and
Calories 405 (Calories from Fat 190),Total Fat 21g (Saturated Fat 8g, ),
Cholesterol 125mg Sodium 1000mg Total Carbohydrate 30g (Dietary Fiber 2g Sugars
14g ), Protein 24g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 32%; Calcium 8%; Iron 22%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 1 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Grilled Beef Recipes